Subject: Re: [amos-list] Motivation?
From: Christopher Kossa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 18:14:49 -0400

From: Christopher Kossa <[email-masked]>

Hey Ashley...

On 21-May-99, didn't you say...
> From: Ashley Clarke <[email-masked]>

>   I'd like to hear some stories about what motivated
> you to write that thing and what was achieved by it.

I wrote a little AMOS program to mess around with my Voyager cache.  A
friend of mine had pictures of his baby on his web site, and I wanted to
save them.  When I went to use the Cache Browser program, it would
constantly crash.  I checked my settings and my cache limit was set for 100
megs as the limit instead of 10.  I guessed that there was too much in the
cache, and that's why it would crash.   So, I figured out how the files in
the cache were save and wrote a program to delete and file form certain
site and to delete certain MIME types.  I got my cache to about 15 megs,
but the Chace Browser program would still crash.  It turned out that one
files were corrupt and that was the whole reason why the Cache Browser
program would work. 

-- 
...Chris K
============================================================================

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONElist:  where real people with real interests get connected.
http://www.onelist.com
Join a new list today!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html